Many of you use goodie bags to give out to the ladies that attend your retreats and events. It's a great thing to hold any printed materials the ladies will need for Bible studies, schedules, etc. Plus it makes a great remembrance for them.
Ladies Retreat Goodie Bags:
Posted April 2, 2002
How to obtain your goodies.
- Check with the ladies and families within your church. Do you have an Avon lady? Someone that sells cosmetics? Someone that works at a local bank, etc. that would have samples, or novelties such as magnets, key chains, or something to add?
I think when we allow people to help in areas where they can, it builds them up and encouages them. It gives them the opportunity to serve. Just go about it prayerfully.
- Check with local restaurants for courtesy cards or gift cards.
- Check with your local Christian bookstore. Sometimes they will donate novelty items.
- If you are having ladies from out of town make sure you work with your local city visitor bureau (may be through your Chamber of Commerce).
They may have maps for you, hotel accommodation discounts, etc.
- Make sure you go through proper channels. Only speak with management or owners.
- Remember, always look and act professional when approaching anyone or business concerning your event. Some business' ask for a written request on your church letterhead.
- Dollar stores are great places to find those unexpected "goodies".
Copyright ©2002 Julia Bettencourt
Make sure you check with your pastor or church leadership before contacting businesses on behalf of your church. You may need some type of approval before proceeding.
You may also enjoy: