Ladies Group Project Ideas
Posted January 8, 2002
There are lots of projects you can get involved in as a ladies church group, but try to make the activities meaningful to the ladies who get involved and something that will do some good for your church or community.
Almost anything you do as a group can bring about some great bonding and fellowship between your church ladies. Here are some suggestions.
Women's Ministry Projects to Try
- Make lap quilts for a local nursing home.
- Make baby quilts for a local crises pregnancy center.
- Plant flowers in the church flower boxes, along church walkways, etc.
- Prepare meals for sick, needy or elderly.
- Make fruit/gift baskets for shut-ins.
- Make cookies for an upcoming vacation Bible School.
- Make meals for missionaries or guests for special meetings.
- Hold a baby shower for your church nursery.
- Hold a kitchen shower for your church kitchen.
- Make favors for an upcoming banquet or event.
- Make banners for a church play or celebration.
- Make costumes for a church Christmas play.
- Make floral arrangements for an upcoming special function.
- Decorate your church for the holidays.
- Make chemo caps for cancer patients. Work in conjunction with a local hospital.
- Make care packages or have a letter writing party for your missionaries. Have everyone clip and bring in interesting news stories, fun comic strips, etc. to enclose in your letters.
- Make care packages for college students.
- Make care packages for service men and women.
- Write letters and send cards to service men and women.
- Make shoebox care boxes of school supplies for children of needy families.
- Collect recipes and make a church recipe book.
Copyright ©2002 Julia Bettencourt
You may also enjoy: