Church New Year's Planning
Posted December 10, 2002
- Hold a Candlelight Service with special speaker, music, and the works with a Fellowship included.
- Hold just a music oriented service.
- Serve up some Food and Fellowship. You can do this with snacks, a dinner, or even ring in the New Year with a pancake breakfast or any type of breakfast food.
- Have a movie/film for your church family to enjoy. If you are having kids, make sure your movie choice is on their level as well or show a different one for them in a different location.
- Have a church-wide Talent Night. Try to get everyone involved.
- Have a testimony time to give blessings from the previous year.
- Share resolutions for the coming year.
- Have Bible reading schedules available for the coming year.
- Have Fun! If you are having a fellowship, provide some fun New Year's novelties such as balloons, horn blowers and party hats to welcome the New Year.
- Have a scrapbook of photos and church events from the previous year to pass around or a display for everyone to see.
- Recognize all the church families that have joined your church in the past year.
- Have a skit or sketch.
- Have some games and activities planned to occupy the kids.
- Decorate! New Year's festivities should be exactly that--festive! Put up a few streamers.
- Make sure you provide a *big* clock that everyone can see at your activity.
- Have prizes for those who bring the most guests for the service such as a clock, nice calendar, or a daily devotional book.
- Pray in the New Year.
Copyright ©2001 Julia Bettencourt
New Year's Devotionals:
New Year's Planning Sheet
New Year's Lesson Handout
You may also enjoy: