All Christian ladies need a fun night out or a day away with some other Christian ladies just to have a good relaxing time of fellowship.
Here are some suggestions to use with your local church ladies group.
Activitiy Ideas for Women's Ministry
Posted August 6, 2002
This page has been updated periodically over the years.
- Highlight support for fighting one of the cancers (or several).
- Walk together for various cures such as Relay for Life.
- See if there are any good causes in your community that your ladies group can participate in.
- October is a good month to plan something like this because it is designated as Breast Cancer Awareness month.
- Pink Rain Women's Ministry Theme
- My Breast Cancer Awareness Pinterest Board
- Celebrate all of your ladies birthdays at once.
- Serve birthday cake
- Make everyone fee special
- A good time to share testimonies about "second birthdays" and our personal salvation experiences.
- Worth Celebrating Devotional
- Birthdays Worth Celebrating Women's Ministry Theme
- Read through a good book together.
- Meet for discussion.
- Camp outdoors or in.
- Roast S'mores and have camping food.
- Share testimonies around a fire (or fire pit on someone's deck)
- More of Jesus Devotional
- Give Me S'more! (of Jesus)Women's Ministry Theme
Church Clean Up Day
- Do some deep cleaning at your church.
- Work on large projects.
- Do a group craft project.
- Have a couple crafty ladies do a project demonstration.
- Do a Card Buffet. Have all the basics and embellishments for making a complete handmade or hand stamped card. Lay it out buffet style.
- Do any type of Craft Buffet. Have everything laid out and ready to go.
- Scrapbooking Night
- Quilting Night
- Scrapbook Memories Devotional
- A Few of My Favorite Things Devotional
- Scrapbook Memories Theme
- A Handmade Christmas Devotional
- A Handmade Christmas Theme
- See Julia's Blog for crafty projects.
- Is your community doing something special such as Fourth of July Celebrations or Holiday Celebrations with booths available?
- Is there a place to have a Bake Sale Booth? A good way to get donations for your ladies group.
- Do a booth as a group.
- Have church cookbooks? A booth at a community event is a great way to get donations for them.
- Give away your woman's ministry pamphlets.
- Perhaps give away something small such as a mini flag for July 4th, or any type of novelty such as a magnet with your ladies group info.
- Christmas Craft and Festival Booths - Got some crafty ladies that want to join together as a group and rent a booth?
Exchange Meetings (or Swap Parties)
- Plan a meeting around exchanges such as a used book, cookies, mugs, etc.
- See the Exchange Ideas for more information.
Exercise Emphasis Meeting
- Use a fitness video together to workout.
- Walk a local walking track or route together as a group (a great way to enjoy chatting together).
- Meet up afterwards for devotional and light refreshments or have cold waters and protein bars waiting.
- See the Weight Loss Meeting Ideas.
- Accessory Swap
- Hold a Fashion Show.
- Fashion Show Skit (Humorous Styles)
- Fashion Women's Ministry Theme
- Fashion Devotional Starters
- What Not To Wear Devotional
- Thumbs Up! Devotional
- A Beautiful Woman in Christ Devotional
- What's in Your Purse? Devotional
- Well Dressed Feet Devotional
Food Fellowships and Food Bars
There are lots of great ideas for your ladies groups to gather around food. It can be as light as some snacks or a full course meal.
- Biscuit Bar
- Coffee and Donuts
- Coffee and Praise Night
- Crepes Bar
- Chocolate Night
- Recipe For Friendship Devotional
- Chocolate and Friends Women's Ministry Theme
- Fiesta Night
- Life's Piñata Devotional
- Living The Grande Life! Women's Ministry Theme
- Ice Cream Social Theme Ideas - (Ice Cream Tasting, Milkshakes, etc.)
- Italian Dinner
- Pancake Supper
- Potato Bar. See the Spud-tacular Theme (on Blog)
- Progressive Dinner - Great during the holidays but can be planned for anytime.
- Smoothie Bar
- Soup and Sandwich Supper - Great for a late fall or winter get together.
- There are all types of Food Bars and Food Fellowships to try. Check out the Food Fellowships Page for a whole list of ideas.
If you have places to pick fruit in your area such as strawberries, peaches, etc., go as a group and make it a fun day.
- Meet up for fruit smoothies afterward.
- Provisions Fruit of the Spirit Devotional
- Fruit of the Spirit Women's Ministry Theme
- Hold during spring or summer when the weather is perfect.
- Outdoors is always a great change of scenery for meetings and activities.
- The Secret Garden Women's Ministry Theme
- Seeds of Kindness Devotional
- Seeds of Kindness Women's Ministry Theme
Healthy Women Emphasis Meeting
- Have a nurse/doctor come in for a speech on women's health.
- Serve healthy food.
- Do an exercise video workout together.
- Heart Smart Devotional
- Heart Smart Theme
There's a whole list of things that would make great classes.
- Cake Decorating
- Budget - Financial Planning
- Coupon Craze
- Craft Class - Jewelry Making, Scrapbooking, etc.
- Floral Arranging
- See the Workshop List for more Class ideas.
Ladies Retreat/Conference or Banquet
- There are plenty of Theme Ideas on the website.
- Can be a large event or small scaled.
- You may even decide you want to go as a group to one at a church of like faith within driving distance.
I gess I could have listed this under "Food Fellowships" but decided it needed a place of its own.
- Can be as formal or informal as desired.
- Drop in for Tea Devotional
- Teapots with Character Event Theme
- Tea Planning Page
Missionary Emphasis Meeting
- Make up missionary packages. Be sure to check ahead of time to see if there are any special mailing restrictions before mailing overseas.
- Write Missionary Letters
- Do an outreach in your area such as going to the nursing home.
- Have a missionary speaker share with your ladies group.
- Show a great movie.
- Could be a drama or comedy or just one with some inspiration.
- Don't forget the popcorn (the movie theater buttery type and some lite for those who won’t indulge).
- Have snacks you might get at a movie theater such as goobers, peanuts, soft pretzels.
Outdoor - Sporting Activity
- I'm not going to make a list here, but I know some of you like the active stuff like zip lines, hiking, biking, and other activities.
- Get your ladies together for some photos.
- Make photo props. There are lots of ideas for photo props over on Pinterest.
- Use a professional or amateur photographer. Have someone within your group that is great at taking photos? Let them use their skill.
- Have a website, newsletter, or brochure. Use some of the photos for that. Get permission from the ladies in the photos first.
- I've had questions about this for quite some time. The "Superwoman" Devotional I posted a while back was written with a Pinterest Party in mind.
- Hey Superwoman! Devotional
- Choose a community or park to beautify.
- Beautify your church grounds with flowers and landscaping.
- Plant flowers at the homes of the elderly and shut-ins.
- Prayer Stations
- Change up the way you pray and the locations you pray in. Maybe meet at a park for a prayer emphasis meeting.
- Prayer Clock Printable
- Prayer Helps
Refresh - Renew Activity
- Do some projects around the church.
- Paint chairs. Paint Sunday School rooms, Recover, renew, refresh.
- A time to do all those jobs that always get put off.
- Finding Something Beautiful Devotional
- Thrift Women's Ministry Theme
- Load up the cars and vans and take a road trip together.
- Visit a like faith church in a nearby town for a special meeting, conference, or concert.
- Go to a Christian Camp or retreat together.
- Road Ready Devotional
- Road Trip Women's Ministry Theme
- Do a Service Project Scavenger Hunt. Have your ladies "hunt" for people with special needs they could fill. Wash windows, do deep cleaning, or any odd jobs that some of your elderly and shut-ins might have. Be sure to contact those on the receiving end ahead of time and get the best time to do the work. Discuss your "hunt" projects the next time your ladies group meets up.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt. Everyone has cameras on their cell phones these days.
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt
Seasonal Activities and Outings
- Valentine's Banquet
- Sunrise Breakfast (Easter)
- Mother's Day Banquet
- Fall Foliage Trip - Depends on your location.
- See all of the Fall Devotionals by Julia
- Falling in Love with Jesus Women's Ministry Theme
- Christmas Parties
- See all of the Christmas Devotionals by Julia
- Christmas Caroling
- Baking Cookies
- Baking Gingerbread
- Sugar and Spice Gingerbread Devotional
- Gingerbread Wishes! Women's Ministry Theme
- Enlist someone who teaches self-defense to speak to your ladies group.
- Check with your local police department. They may have a female officer who could come and give tips on self-protection for women.
- Large mall
- Outlet malls,
- Antique stores
- Flea markets
- Farmers Markets or stop at roadside fruit stands if you have some within driving distance
Showers and Such
- Baby Shower for someone within your group
- Shower for the Church Nursery
- Bridal Shower for someone within your church
- Food Pounding for a newly married couple or a family in need
- Hold at the church or someone's home.
- Have a make-up demo. If you have someone that sells Mary Kay Avon, enlist her help.
- Do each other's manicures/pedicures.
- Tell funny or even spooky stories.
- Share testimonies.
- Share childhood slumber party memories.
- Watch a movie.
- Make popcorn.
- Do makeovers, manicures, and pedicures.
- Make up homemade bath and body lotions and scrubs.
- Spa Women's Ministry Theme
- My Spa Pinterest Board
Visit a Local Historical Home or Museum
- Check ahead for schedules and fees.
- Time Travelers Devotional
- Women of HIS story Women's Ministry Theme
- Have a Journaling Night.
- Journaling Ideas
- Scripture Journaling Ideas
- Write letters and cards to Missionaries
- Write out cards to shut ins or nursing home residents.
Copyright ©2002-2016 Julia Bettencourt
Page last updated in 2015
You may also enjoy: