Accessory Swap for Women's Ministry
Posted June 21, 2012 (originally posted to my blog)
Added some discussion questions to this page on September 19, 2016
Sharing an idea today to hold an Accessory Swap for a women’s ministry meeting. We all have accessories we collect, were given as gifts, bought and thought we’d like and never wear.
I have lots of things like that myself. Why not choose one to wrap up and bring to an Accessory Swap so someone else can take it off your hands? They might really love it more than you do and might even actually use it.
Tell the ladies in your women’s group to bring in one wrapped gift of one of their scarves, hats, jewelry, purses, gloves, belts, or any ladies accessory they can think of.
You should tell them all to make sure their items are in good condition. If it’s junk–throw it out. Don’t bring it to the swap.
Plan out a fun time of sharing and you’ll all be in for a good time. Exchange the gifts by assigning them numbers or exchange in anyway you wish.
God will save us and use us no matter what kind of shape we are in.
Bible Verse Suggestions
"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:" Romans 5:20
Do a study of Romans 5:12-21
What Not to Wear by Julia
What’s in Your Purse? by Julia
Thumbs Up! by Julia
A Beautiful Woman in Christ by Julia
An Earring in a Pig’s Snout by Julia
More Devotionals by Julia
Alternative Titles for Invites
Swap and Shop
Swapping and Toppings (swap and sundaes or pizza)
Drop In and Shop In
Stop, Shop, and Smile
See the In The Bag (purse) Women's Ministry Theme.
See the What Not to Wear (fashion) Women's Ministry Theme.
Added Discussion Questions--- September 09, 1016
Discussion Question Suggestions
- What is your favorite accessory that you own?
- How many accessories do you feel comfortable wearing?
- How can we be "filled with goodness" and "knowledge" like it mentions in Romans 15:14?
- Our spiritual accessories we end up wearing comes out in how we talk and act. What type of things do you think we should accessorize with spiritually as Christian women?
- Are there any spiritual accessories that you forgot to wear today?
- How would you describe God's grace?
- What has God's grace done for you specifically and personally?
Copyright ©2012-2016 Julia Bettencourt
You may also enjoy: