|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes at the bottom of the
page before leaving. Thanks!
Volunteer Appreciation Theme Ideas
Women's Ministry Themes
One of the ways to show your appreciation for your volunteers in your women's ministry or for church-wide volunteers is to give a dinner or banquet in their honor. Also great for Vacation Bible School workers.
- All Stars
- A Night of Thank Yous
- A Round of Applause Please!
- A Royal Tea
- Be Our Guest (Allow them to be on the receiving end)
- Bee-utiful Worker Appreciation Night (See the BeeTheme for extra ideas)
- For All You Do - Thank You!
- Hats Off To Volunteers (See the Hat Theme for extra ideas)
- Heartfelt Thanks to Volunteers
- Heroes Among Us
- Our Brightest Stars
- Red Carpet Dinner
- Servants for Christ
- Serving Hands - Servant's Heart
- Serving Up Thanks
- Shine a Light on Our Volunteers
- Shinning Stars
- Stand Outs in the Crowd
- Treasuring Our Volunteers
- Thanks A Latte (See the CoffeeTheme for extra ideas)
- Thanks for Making A Difference
- Thanks for Giving
- Thanks for Serving
- Thanks for Stepping Up
- Thanks for Your Helping Hands
- Thanks to the Lifesavers! (Nautical theme)
- Volunteers Are Gold
- Volunteers Light Our Lives
- Volunteers Make a Difference
- Volunteers Make a World of Difference
- Volunteers Shine!
- We Thank You
- What a Difference You've Made
- Willingly With Their Hands
- Willing Workers Appreciation
- You're A Good Fit (Puzzles fitting together to make the whole)
- Appreciation Banquet/Dinner
- Recognition Banquet/Dinner
- Volunteer Appreciation Picnic
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister." Hebrews 6:10
- Have a special speaker.
- Volunteer Appreciation Devotional by Julia
- Devotional Index
- Make sure your volunteers have the night off. You don't want your volunteers to have to "volunteer" to do any set-up of tables and any work for their own Appreciation Dinner.
- Reserve a banquet room at a restaurant.
- Have your meal catered.
- Have your youth department serve.
- If it's a dinner for women volunteers only, have the men of the church serve.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Icebreakers Index
- Channels Only (Gibbs)
- Make Me a Channel of Blessing (H.G. Smyth)
- Make Me a Blessing (George S. Schuler)
- Give of Your Best to the Master (Barnard)
- Brighten the Corner Where You Are (Charles H. Gabriel)
- Purchased key chains or lapel pins
- Candles with saying, "Thanks for sharing your light"
- Hang Tag Sayings
-Volunteers don't necessarily have the time, but they have the heart.
-Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer.
- Crafts and Favors Page
Just For Fun
- Put together a dvd or power point display of photos of various events. Try to get in some where your volunteers are working on projects.
- Recognize all of your volunteers. Don't forget those with small tasks.
- Have a brochure of all your volunteers listed out.
- Have special gifts or tokens of appreciation for team leaders.
- If you are doing some type of plaques or certificates of appreciation, be sure they are engraved or printed and ready on time.
- Have your children's church or young people make posters or large thank-you cards for your volunteers and display them during your banquet.
- Devotional Book
- Gift Basket of any type
- Gift Certificates to a restaurant or any local business
- Calendar/Planner Book
- See the Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page
- A Vision for Volunteers (article by Julia)
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.