|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
Spring Clean Up
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around spring cleaning in your spiritual life.
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2001-2014 Julia Bettencourt
- Spring Fling
- Celebrate Spring!
- Spring Has Sprung
- Spring Up and Clean Up
- A Spring Celebration
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit
within me." Psalm 51:10
- "I beseech you, therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye
present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which
is your reasonable service." Romans 12:1
- Spring Clean Up For Heart and Soul by Julia
- Devotionals by Julia
Added Resource - Hand Out:
|Do You Have A Clean House?
by Julia Bettencourt
This resource is full of questions relating to what state your physical and 'Spiritual' homes are in. It was written especially to go along with this Spring Clean Up Theme.
The handouts that are available are designed especially for Christian women to survey and evaluate certain areas of their lives to bring them to a closer relationship with the Lord. Great resource at a reasonable cost for Church Ladies Meetings and Events.
This resource is available in and instant download PDF Format.Find details here...
- Spring colors in brights or pastels.
- Think Spring!
- Gather up a few watering cans and fill with flowers.
- Use any spring decorative item such as butterflies, bees, ladybugs, or birds.
- Use displays of Mops and brooms, cleaning products, etc.
- Julia's Spring Pinterest Board
For The Tables
- Use small spring arrangements for the tables.
- Add in some butterflies, lady bugs, and spring elements.
- Add in some cleaning items such as sponges, scrub brushes, etc.
- Centerpiece Example on Pinterest (Pinterest)
- Spring Table Top Display
- Make a tabletop display using lots of spring flowers.
- Add a bucket or watering can as an accent piece and fill it with cleaning supplies such as sponges, brushes, spray bottles, feather dusters, etc. (You can even use this as a doorprize at the end of your event if you wish).
- Prop up a mop and broom too!
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Cleaning Product Quiz (over halfway down page)
- See the Icebreakers Index for more ideas.
- Cleanse Me Sometimes referred to as "Search Me, O God" by J. Edwin Orr
- Individual hand sanitizer bottles.
- Rubber cleaning gloves
- Glam Rubber Gloves. (sewing.org)
- Small cleaning items such as scrub brushes, mini whisk brooms, feather, dusters. Tie on your theme verse with a ribbon.
- Crafts and Favors.
Just For Fun
- Share Some Organization or Cleaning Tips (Check for Helloise tips online.)
- Make a recipe booklet with homemade cleaning recipes and cleaning tips.
- Anything "Spring" Related
- Book on Organization
- Gift Certificate for a day of house cleaning by a local maid service.
- Gift Certificate to have gutters cleaned by a local handyman.
- Mop or Broom (tie around with ribbons)
- Gift certificate to a local plant nursery
- Plastic Storage/Organizer Containers
- Garbage Can
- Dust Pan filled with wrapped candy. Set a new dustpan on a large piece of cellophane. Pull up sides of cellophane and tie with ribbons.
- Gift 'Basket' made with a bucket or small waste can. (Fill with cleaning supplies and cleaning tools.)
- Bottle of any cleaning product (tie around with ribbons)
- Package of Rubber Gloves
- Large Package of Cleaning Sponges
- Air Freshener
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Light Food
- Spring salads and desserts
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.