|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes
at the bottom of the
page before leaving. Thanks!
Order My Steps
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around walking with the Lord and following in His steps.
Alternative Theme Titles
- In His Steps
- Walking With Jesus!
- Steppin' Out For The Lord
- Put On Your High Heels and Follow!
- I Will Follow
- Steppin' Out!
- Flip Flops and Friends
- Footprints of Jesus
- Put Your Foot Down
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity
have dominion over me." Psalm 119:133
- "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD:
and he delighteth in his way." Psalm 37:23
- Well Dressed Feet by Julia
- Devotionals by Julia
- Any color combination will do.
- Decorate with lots of shoes.
- Make an announcement and have your ladies bring in any shoes they no longer want. Use them to decorate with. Donate them to a local charity when you are finished.
- If you have some boots or in toed shoes, such as pumps, fill them up with greenery or plants for some unique arrangements.
- Cut footprints out of paper and place along the main walkway in a path with tape.
- See the Shoe Theme Craft Links.
For The Tables
- You might be able to come up with some 'slipper' knick knacks made of porcelain.
- An alternative to 'real' shoes are the princess shoes for little girls in the toy department. They are reasonably priced. (Can sometimes find at $stores)
- Check with a local shoe store to see if they have any shoe store 'shopping bags', the type with handles or use shoe boxes and fill with flowers and greenery trailing out to make a nice arrangement.
- Shoe Display - Make a display with lots of shoe store shopping bags, shoe boxes, and a variety of shoes. Use the boxes as levels, placing all different ways to create some interest with the bags and shoes added in at all angles. Use everything from baby shoes up to large men's boots for a variety. Add in some trailing vines or greenery.
Games and Ice-breakers
- Shoe Get Acquainted Game
- Icebreakers Index
- Footprints of Jesus Hymn
- Stepping in the Light Hymn (Wm. J. Kirkpatrick)
- Follow On Hymn (Robert Lowry)
- Just a Closer Walk With Thee Hymn
- Each Step I Take Hymn (W. Elmo Mercer)
- Where He Leads Me Hymn (J.S. Norris)
- Papercraft Shoes. (on my blog)
- Novelty Shoe Laces
- Shoe Horns
- Decorated shoe shaped cookies
- See the Shoe Theme Craft Links.
- Crafts and Favors Page.
Just For Fun
- Do A Fun Flip Flop Craft.
There are several links to various flip flop decorating ideas at the Hobby Lobby website.
Flip Flop Ideas
- Do a little research and share a little fun shoe facts that you might think is interesting.
Solemates-The Century in Shoes
- Share Some Foot Facts
Foot Fact Quizzes
- Gift Certificate to a Shoe Store
- Summer Flip Flops
- Bedroom Slippers (character or novelty ones would be fun)
- Shoe Shine Kit - These are not as easy to find anymore, but you could make up a basket or gift bag full of shoe items, such as shoe horn, few packs of various shoestrings, shoe cloth, a few kinds of shoe polish, etc.
- Book In His Steps (Sheldon)
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Slipper Cookie (Spoonful - Family Fun)
- Shoe shaped cookies (check for shoe shaped cookie cutters)
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.