|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes at the bottom of the page before leaving. Thanks!
When Life Gives You Lemons
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around making the most of our circumstances.
- Turning Obstacles into Opportunities
- Turning Trials Into Triumph
- Count It All Joy!
- It is Well
- Lemonade and Sunshine (for summer event)
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "...count it all joy..." James 1:2
- "...For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to
be content." Philippians 4:11
- "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
- Queen Esther Beneath The Lemon Tree by Julia
- Study on Promises: Bible verses concerning Bible promises are a big encouragement that we rely on when 'lemons' come.
- Devotionals by Julia
Bright yellow (lemon color) and something to enhance it. Royal blue with yellow is a great combination.
- Decorate with lots of lemons. Fill bowls or containers.
- Find some sources and inspiration for this theme:
Lemonade Theme Pin Board (Julia's Pinterest Pin Board)
For The Tables
- When we drink lemonade we usually think of summer, so try using plaid tablecloths.
- Use greenery garland down your tables with lemons placed periodically.
- Free printables for tables.
- Printable Lemonade Cupcake Toppers (Babalisme Blog)
- Printable Lemonade Napkin Rings (Babalisme Blog)
Use a real potted lemon tree or make one for a wall with craft paper. Make construction paper lemons for it.
Games and Ice-breakers
- Icebreakers Index.
- Every Day With Jesus (Robert C. Loveless)
- God Will Make A Way (Don Moen)
- Cheer Up Ye Saints of God
- It is Well
- Lemon Drop Cups: Place lemon drop candies in nut cups
- Lemon Juice (the kind you get in the shape of a lemon)
- Water Bottle with lemonade packet.
- Printable Lemon Slice Labels (could easily be used as tags for favors. From Wendolina Blog)
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Printable Lemondade Invitations (Babalisme Blog)
- Make a Lemon Recipe Book
This is a do ahead project.--Gather up lemon recipes from your ladies and place them together in book form.
- Make 'Lemon' Invitations (paper)
Make lemon shape invitations out of cardstock.
- Make 'Lemon' Invitations (real)
If this is for a small group meeting, take lemons and place your meeting info on it with a permanent felt tip marker.
- Share Some Lemon Tips.
- Share The Story Behind the hymn, It Is Well.
- Anything dealing with Lemons.
- Basket filled with Lemons
- Lemon Tree Seedling
- Lemon Tea (Take a teacup and saucer and package up with lemon flavored tea)
- Lemon Recipe Book
- Devotional Book or book of encouragement
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- Skits Page
- DIY Lemonade Cookie (Amy Atlas Blog)
- If serving punch, use lemon slices to float in punch bowl.
- Have lemon slices for tea.
- Serve lemon pound cake.
- Lemon Squares
- Printable Recipe for Lemon Cups (Don't Eat the Paste)
- Printable Recipe and Tag for Lemon Curd (All Free Crafts)
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.