|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
Flying High With Prayer
Women's Ministry Theme
With the kite as an inspiration, this theme revolves around tapping into the uplifting power of prayer.
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2001-2014 Julia Bettencourt
- Let's Fly A Kite
- Get Carried Away
- Prayer: The Highest Kite You Can Fly
- Into The Wind
- Soar Into Prayer
- On The Wings of Prayer
- See the Prayer Resources Page for other Prayer Themes and lots of prayer related ideas.
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Higher Lord by Julia
- Devotionals by Julia
- No suggestions.
- Decorate using lots of kites.
- You can purchase kites at $Stores and Oriental Trading or most online novelty stores.
- Hang a few larger kites from the ceiling or place larger ones on a wall.
- Use bright colored fabric strips to place on kite tails.
- A Little Inspiration From Around The Web
For The Tables
- Small arrangements with small kites poked into them and kite strings with bows hanging down. Make the kites with construction paper, bamboo skewers, and ribbon.
- Place kite string on top of the tables with construction paper kite bows (all colors) taped down to the tables at intervals on the string.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Icebreakers Index
- God Answers Prayer (Edwin Hatch)
- Standin' In The Need of Prayer
- Whisper A Prayer (Traditional Chorus)
- Tell It To Jesus (Jeremiah E. Rankin)
- I Must Tell Jesus (Elisha A. Hoffman)
- Prayer Journal (purchase pretty inexpensive journals. Available at most $stores).
- Make small kites as favors with theme verse attached. (Check online for various directions.)
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Make hand made invitations shaped as kites using scrapbooking papers.
- Make kite shaped name tags or place cards.
- Have a prayer list already typed out with current needs of your church or group.
- Have a prayer list of your city officials.
- Have a prayer list of your missionaries with specific needs.
- Have a prayer challenge such as praying for your pastors wife (30 days) or switch names between all of the group and give them that person to pray for the next month.
- Teach your ladies to pray for each other. Use the Praying For Women points.
- Prayer Journal
- Book on Prayer
- Check your local Christian bookstore for novelties such as key chains, etc. with verses or sayings concerning prayer.
- Book on Prayer
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- No Suggestions
- Rice Krispy Squares shaped into kite shapes.
- Kite Shaped Cookies
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.