|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes
at the bottom of the
page before leaving. Thanks!
Seeds of Kindness
Women's Ministry Theme
This is a garden theme and revolves around us planting seeds of kindness. Emphasis is on being kinder and more caring Christian women.
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2001-2015 Julia Bettencourt
- Garden Party
- Scattering Seeds of Kindness
- Planting Kindness Seeds
- Garden of My Heart
- Spread A Little Kindness
- One Deed At A Time
- Tiny Seeds - Big Impact
- Everything's Coming Up Flowers
- The Secret Garden
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one
another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32
- Seeds of Kindness
- Devotionals by Julia
Added Resource Handout:
|The "Seeds of Kindness" Download is currently unavailable. It will be added back to the Resource Shop soon. Thanks for your patience...Julia
- None Suggested.
- Decorate as for a garden party whether indoors or outdoors.
- Use lots of baskets, potted trees, and pots of flowers.
- Make walkways by lining up flower pots or even use garlands of greenery and place on the floor to make edging around walkways (garden paths) for your ladies to walk on.
- You could even lay down material (old sheets or inexpensive fabric would work) to make the pathways. Or use large pieces of cardboard (the sides to a refrigerator box would work well) and paint a flagged stone walkway. Just make sure it's taped down good so no one trips.
- Use watering cans to fill with flowers or greenery.
- If you have a table top fountain or even a small freestanding one made for outdoors, bring it in for your event.
- A birdbath would be a nice addition for your garden theme. You can even place some fake birds around.
- For More ideas and inspiration
Garden Party Event Pinboard (Julia's Pinterest)
- Event Decorating
For The Tables
- Use mini terra cotta pots and place tea lights in them.
- Space out bowls of water with floating flowers and candles.
- Terra cotta pots filled with flowers would be great accents for your tables.
- Use small garden tools tied up with ribbons and place either in pots or set out on the tables.
- Place in seed packets in table decorations or arrangements or scatter on tables.
- Garden Area
- Use a free standing arbor or trellis and decorate it with vines and flowers.
- Use silk garlands to decorate.
- Bring in a wheel barrel or cart and fill with planting supplies such as a large bag of potting soil, garden tools, a flat of flowers.
- Add an outdoor bench to your garden area.
- If you enjoy taking pictures at your events, this will make a nice backdrop area.
- Any song that deals with being more like Christ will fit in, because that is what kindness embodies--being more like Christ and reaching out to others.
- (Round- To the tune of "Row Row Row Your Boat")
Sow Sow Sow ing seeds
Of kind ness for Christ.
Lov ing ly, prayer ful ly, joy ful ly, faith ful ly,
One seed at a time!
- Can Others See Jesus in You? Leonard C. Voke
- Brighten the Corner (Chorus) Ina Duley Ogdon
- Seed Packets
- Seeds of Kindness Packet Printable (CLM)
- Editable Seeds Packet Printables (Alenkas Printables)
- Various Seeds Packet Printables (Just Somthing Made)
- Seeds of Kindness Seeds Packet Printables(Weeds and Wildflowers Design)
- Vintage Seed Packet Printable(Content in a Cottage Blog)
- Mother's Memorial Packet Printable (Happy Birds Crafting Haven)
- Garden Gloves
- Miniature Garden Tool
- Sayings for Favors
- Plant smiles; grow giggles; harvest love
- Gardens are not made by sitting in the shade
- The seed is hope; the flower is joy
- Crafts and Favors.
Just For Fun
- Motivation and Encouragement (a list of kind things to do for others).
- Do A Garden Group Craft such as decorating garden gloves.
- Have a Garden Workshop Speaker - Find someone knowledgeable with tips for a specific gardening topic. You could invite someone from a local plant nursery to share some ideas.
- Anything revolving around gardening
- Hanging Flower Pot
- Gardening Book or Magazine
- Decorative Garden/Outdoor Flag
- Box or bag of Miracle Grow
- Decorative Plant Stakes
- Decorative Planter
- Set of Gardening Tools
- Garden Knee Pad Rest
- Garden Gloves
- Garden Hat
- Garden Gift Basket (Fill with a few garden tools, gardening magazine, Miracle Grow, Seed packets, garden gloves, etc.)
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Plant Parfaits Recipe (Pottery Barn Kids)
- Good theme for a luncheon
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page.
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.