|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
A Night Under The Stars
Church Banquet Italian Valentines Theme
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves around love and romance with an Italian emphasis for a church Valentines Banquet.
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2001-2014 Julia Bettencourt
- A Heart for Christ
- Love One Another
- Be My Valentine
- God's Love Letter
- Love...The Greatest Gift
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "Charity never faileth..." I Corinthians 13:8
- "...for God is love." 1 John 4:8
- "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest
of these is charity." 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Kisses Devotional Starter
- Guarded Hearts
- It's All About Me
- What The World Needs Now
- Heart Smart See the Heart Smart Theme.
- Conversation Hearts
- Devotionals by Julia
- Red and white
- Pinks and creams.
- Lots of candles.
- This idea takes us to Italy so set up your tables like an outside cafe.
- Make a sign if you wish such as "Cafe -your church name-".
- You'll be dining under the stars so hang stars from your ceiling. You can use white twinkle lights, make white poster board stars, or purchase stick on stars. You'll find glow in the dark stick on plastic stars in kid's toy departments.
- If you have any decorative pedestals or columns on hand, place baskets of greenery or flowers on them by your doorways or around the banquet area.
- Use as many silk trees and greenery as possible.
- Check into Italian theme decorations at school supply stores.
For The Tables
- Red and white check table cloths or placemats.
- Mirror tiles to reflect the candlelight
- Rose Petals scattered (You can find them in the Dollar Tree with the wedding supplies.)
- Italian Backdrop - Make a romantic backdrop for your couples to have their pictures taken with. Use a background of a starry sky and a large arch. It could include a few buildings. If you have the resources for someone to make a wooden backdrop for you to paint, that's great, but you can use installation foam board to paint your scene on. It's lightweight and easy to move around.
- Gondola - I'm sure you probably don't have a gondola (long narrow boat used in the canals of Italy) just sitting around but a small row boat will do! Place a container or two of roses in the gondola. If it's an old boat, drape some material and a little lace over the seats and floor of it to perk it up (as people will have their good clothes on). Why not have someone dressed for the part with an oar in one hand to be on the gondola? Take pictures of your couples sitting in the "gondola".
- Famous Italian Architecture Murals/Backdrops - Make some backdrops with some of the great places of Italy. Sketch them out on paper covered panels.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Biblical Couples Printable Game (on Julia's Blog)
- Valentine's Games
- Icebreakers Index
- Background Music - Have some romantic Italian music playing softly or even a little Opera style. If you can't find anything appropriate, just find some soft instrumental piano music to play.
- Men's Serenade - Have some of the men of your church get together and sing something romantic for the program in barber shop quartet style.
- Love Brew Tag" (on Julia's Blog)
- Conversation Hearts: Social Media Tag
- Conversation Hearts: Verse Tags
- Conversation Hearts: "Conversation" Verse Tags
- Star Goody Pouches - Use white poster board cut outs, approximately 4 inches. Use a cookie cutter for the pattern. Lay circles of red/pink netting (10 or 12 inch) on table. Place star in middle. Add heart shaped candies or wrapped chocolates and bring up the sides of the tulle and tie with ribbons. Don't forget a hang tag with your theme verse or banquet info.
- Chocolate Candy - Any chocolate candies or heart shaped red hots tied up in tulle or cellophane with ribbons and hang tag of your event.
- Chocolate Roses
- Heart Shapes Pattern
- See the Valentine's Sayings for Small Gifts
- See the Valentine's Candy Sayings
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Handout: "Count the Ways" (on Julia's Blog)
- Handout: LOVE Memory Verse Challenge Verses (on Julia's Blog)
- Handout: 1 Corinthians 13 Artwork by Trina Clark.
- Handout: What Kind of Heart Handout--Revised (Artwork by Trina Clark)
Heart Check Up Handout--Revised (Artwork by Trina Clark)
- Napkin/Bibs - If you are serving spaghetti, purchase those large apron type big/napkins that tie for your guests. You can usually pick up a quantity of them for a reasonable price at party supply stores.
- See the Hearts and Valentine's Board (Julia's Pinterest) for more crafty ideas.
- Gift Certificates for two to a local Italian restaurant
- Couples Devotional Book
- Box of Chocolate Candies
- Book of Love Poetry
- Anything with hearts
- Popcorn and Movie Bowl - Popcorn, movie, etc. placed in a large popcorn bowl for container.
- Comfy Basket -One pair men's slippers, one pair women's slippers, two coffee cups, some specialty coffees, sprinkled with chocolates.
- Fruit of Love Basket - Basket filled with clusters of grapes (to feed to their spouses of course!)
- Tea for Two - Basket filled with two teacups and saucers, specialty teas, 2 novelty tea spoons, sprinkled in with chocolate kisses candy.
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- Skits Links Page
- Anything Italian!
- Valentine's Ideas Page
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.