|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes at the bottom of the page before leaving. Thanks!
Unwrapping the Gift of Christ
Women's Ministry Theme
This is a Christmas theme concentrating on "unwrapping" the Christ of Christmas and all the things that the Lord blesses us with.
Alternative Theme Titles
- Under The Gift Wrap
- The Ultimate Gift
- The Ultimate Present
- The Gift of Christ
- Baby Jesus: The Greatest of Gifts
- Our Gift: Lying in a Manger
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
- "And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger." Luke 2:16
- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
- Under The Gift Wrap by Julia
- Find more Christmas devotionals on the Christmas Helps Page.
- See more Devotionals by Julia
- Christmas Colors
- Christmas decorations
- Wrapping paper rolls in tall baskets
- Large gifts on walls. Use boxes (such as shirt boxes), wrapped and placed on walls or wrapping paper squares with bows to look like gifts
- Large Bows
- Ribbons and streamers
- Large gift tags (you could write out some of the things we "unwrap" on them. such as love, grace, resurrection, inheritance, peace, joy, love, strength, eternal life, etc.)
- Tree with presents wrapped (large tags with some of the things we "unwrap" on them)
- Julia's Christmas Ideas Pinterest Board
- Tip: Look around at Christmas store displays for ideas.
For The Tables
- Gift bags. Fill with doorprizes so they'll serve double-duty.
- Gift bags with Christmas flowers/greenery flowing out
- Christmas floral arrangements (you could add in gift hang tags on flower pics)
- Small squares of wrapping paper to use to sit candles or flower arrangements on
Games and Ice-breakers
- Have a timed gift wrapping contest (give them something to wrap such as a small box)
- Christmas Games
- Icebreakers Page
- Christmas carols
- Homemade Gift Tags
- Small Christmas gift bags (Fill with a small gift)
- See the Christmas Wrapping Ideas Page for small bag and tag projects.
- Package of store-bought gift tags
- Holiday gift stickers
- Flat pack of Christmas wrapping paper
- Roll of tape
- Wrapping paper cutter (the kind you move along the paper to slice)
- Craft and Favor Ideas.
Just For Fun
- Have a session on fun and inexpensive wrapping ideas.
- Group Craft Project
Make homemade wrapping paper together.
- Outreach Project
Offer a gift-wrapping time to those in your church who need help with it such as the elderly.
- Wrapping Paper Set
- Wrapping Set of Gift Tags/Bows/Tape/Scissors or wrapping paper cutter.
- Wrapping Set of Various Ribbons and Bows
- Set of Christmas Gift Boxes
- Wrapping paper storage container
- Christmas Ornament Set
- Christmas Decoration
- See the Door Prize Ideas
- Skits Resource Page.
- Christmas Little Debbies ("Unwrap A Smile!")
- Christmas Treats
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.