|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...JuliaPlease take a moment to read the Use Policy for Themes
at the bottom of the
page before leaving. Thanks!
Women's Ministry Theme
Usually these themes are geared for Women only events, but a Game Night is sometimes fun church-wide.
Alternative Theme Titles
You may not want a "title" for your Game Night but some of these might make good invitation phrases for flyers or posters to advertise with.
- Get Your Head in the Game
- Get on Board!
- Get Your Game On!
- It's Your Turn for Game Night
- Fun in a Box
- Get a Clue--Join us for Game Night
- Use Your Cranium--Join Us!
- Are You Game for Fun?
- Bored? Hop on Board for Game Night!
- Our Pursuit for Fun is not Trivial
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "...Choose you this day whom ye will serve..." Joshua 24:15
- Get Your Head in the Game! by Julia
- See more Devotionals by Julia
- No suggestions.
- Keep a casual atmosphere.
- For game night, the point is to have fun so less is probably more for sure for this theme. You don't want everyone to have to do a lot of clean up for this one. So, though you don't necessarily need much but I'll list a few ideas for you.
- Check yard sales and thrift shops for board games. You don't necessarily need all the game pieces to be included because you are just going to use the boards, etc. from the games for decoration.
- Make large dominoes out of construction paper or go big scaled with a few from poster-board. Cut out circles for the dots.
For The Tables
- You'll be playing games on the table, so skip table decorations for this one.
Games and Ice-breakers
- Sword Drill/Bible Challenge
Give Scripture references and have everyone use their Bibles to be the first to find each one. If you are going to do this, make sure you tell everyone ahead of time to bring their Bibles!
- Give a few Bible trivia questions.
- I Have the Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart
- Colorful bandannas to designate teams.
- Crafts and Favors Page.
Just For Fun
- Keep at eye out during your Game Night and give out a trophy (could just be some type of doorprize) at the end to the "loudest", "quietest", "most skilled", "slowest" (at taking their turn), etc. player.
- Be sure if your Game Night is church-wide, that you set up a few younger age games like Chutes and Ladders or Hi Ho Cheerio for the younger ones.
- If you are setting up several games, then choose hosts for each of those games ahead of time. Choose somebody that knows the rules to that game and can give a simple overview of the rules so everybody is on the same page. We all tend to have our "own" rules for the most popular games so a quick overview might be good for some of them.
- Hasbro Family Game Night Tool Kit
- Any type of board game
- Game Gift Basket (board game and card game such as UNO, microwave popcorn, movie type candy, etc.)
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Snack-able food such as dips and chips, cookies, bowls of nuts and M&Ms, mini pizzas.
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
|Abbreviated Use Policy:
- The theme page ideas may be printed off for planning purposes; however, no permission is granted for reprinting the material to websites, blogs, message boards or online use of any kind.
- This includes no permission for submitting the ideas to other women's ministry forums (open or private -- member fee or free). Please make a link to this website if you want to share.
- Please do not submit the ideas to ministries, websites, magazines, book authors and publishers, or newsletters to be published on or off-line.
- This page is here as a free resource to help local church women's ministry groups. Thanks for respecting the User Policy in order for the outreach of this website to remain fruitful.
See the Full User Policy Here.