|Festival of Tables
Women's Ministry Theme Ideas
A Festival of Tables is just basically making each table at an event look different but within the same theme or idea. Table teams are each appointed a table to decorate. It's always good to have a team captain so someone is ultimately in charge.
This is a great way to get your ladies involved in doing something for your event. It will not only allow them to feel useful and able to use their talents and gifts for the Lord but also will lighten the load of the leadership.
A Festival of Tables can be used for a seasonal banquet or any type of retreat or event.
One thing you will need to decide on is whether you want tableware such as the dishes/cups/silverware you'll be eating off of included on the tables or if you just want decorations only. That's something you will need to inform your table teams of ahead of time.
You'll also need to figure out how many tables you are doing. For some of these you may need to assign two or more tables of the same thing, depending on your total number of tables. Don't worry, nothing ever turns out the same when done by different people.
More Theme Ideas
- Assign each table team a color. Everything on the table should be variations of that color.
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Color Me Beautiful, Color Your World with Love
- Workshops: Designer to talk about colors
- Doorprizes/Favors: Color Wheels
- Assign each table team a holiday. Everything on the table should be things that go along with the holiday assigned.
- Table Suggestions: New Years, Valentines, Easter, Mothers Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Holiday Extravaganza, Celebration - Of new life.
- Doorprizes/Favors: Any type of party favor
- Assign each table a spring object. Everything on the table should be that object or things that tie together with that object.
- Table Suggestions: Ducks, Butterflies, Insects (Bees, Ladybugs), Flowers, Umbrellas-Rain,
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: God Makes Everything New In His Time, Spring Into Step, Spring Cleaning, Spring Retreat
- Doorprizes/Favors: Butterfly magnets or anything associated with spring.
- Assign each table a Fall object. Everything on the table should be variations of that object or things that tie together with it.
- Table Suggestions: Pumpkins, Squash/Guards, Acorns-Squirrels, Scarecrows, Leaves, Wheat
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Fall Retreat, Harvest Dinner, Fall Into Serving
- Doorprizes/Favors: Fall items
- Assign each table a Christmas object. Everything on the table should be variations of that object or things that tie together with it.
- Table Suggestions: Bells, Stars, Angels, Snowmen, Gifts, nativity (manger scenes), Christmas baking, gingerbread, ornaments
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Christmas Cheer, Christmas Banquet
- Workshops: Have someone demonstrate a Christmas craft or Christmas Recipe
- Doorprizes/Favors: Christmas ornaments
Noah's Ark Tables
- Assign each table a different animal. Everything on the table should be that animal or things that tie with it.
- Table Suggestions: Giraffes, Elephants, Bears, Zebras, Monkeys, Lions
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Rainbows and Promises
- Doorprizes/Favors: Anything with an animal such as a key-chain
- Assign each table a different flower. Everything on the table should be that flower or things embellished with that particular flower that's assigned.
- Table Suggestions: Tulips, Roses, Lilacs, Pansies, Daisies, Sunflowers
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Fragrant for Christ, God's Beauty
- Doorprizes/Favors: Single flowers or anything embellished with flowers such as cloth handkerchiefs..
- Assign each table a different bird. Everything on the table should be that bird or things embellished with that particular bird or that ties with the bird that's assigned.
- Table Suggestions: Flamingos, Parrots, Robins, Redbirds, Blue Jays, Sparrows, Owls, Eagles
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Even the Sparrows, Sing Unto The Lord
- Doorprizes/Favors: Anything embellished with birds
- Assign each table a different farm animal. Everything on the table should be that animal or things associated with it.
- Table Suggestions: Cows-Milk, Pigs, Horses, Ducks, Sheep, Chickens-Roosters, Dogs, Cats
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Farm Fresh Friends
- Doorprizes/Favors: Anything associated with a farm
- Assign each table a fruit. Everything on the table should be revolve around that particular fruit.
- Table Suggestions: Peaches, Apples, Bananas, Watermelon, Strawberries, Grapes, Pears
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Fruit of the Spirit
- Doorprizes/Favors: An apple, pear or anything embellished with fruit
- Assign each table a different country. Everything on the table should be associated with the country assigned.
- Table Suggestions: Mexico/Spain, Italy, Germany, France (Use countries that you support missionaries in)
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: Missionary Banquet, Around the World, Go Ye
- Doorprizes/Favors: Missionary Prayer Cards
- Assign each table a different object concerning fashion. Everything on the table should be associated with the fashion item assigned.
- Table Suggestions: Make-up, Shoes, Purses, Belts, Clothes in general, Scarves-Hats, Jewelry
- Theme/Devotional Ideas: What's In Your Purse, Order My Steps, Fashion Parade
- Doorprizes/Favors: Make-up or perfume sample
- Assign teams to decorate tables for an event but don't give them a particular object or theme to use but just the event itself such as teas, Mother-Daughter Banquets, or Seasonal banquets or events.
Copyright ©2001-2010 Julia Bettencourt