Share This Page:
|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
These are suggestions for you to build upon. Be creative...Julia
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme is all about "construction". It can be very flexible in that you could take it in a number of directions. You could revolve it around Proverbs 14:1 (A wise woman builds her house). You could take the direction of building upon Christ--our firm foundation, or concentrate upon being a "workman" for Christ. You could even make your main thrust on being God's perfect design as a woman or focus on parenting or being a good wife. You may even want to do it on various "WORKshop" topics on things we need to improve as Christian women.
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2008-2014 Julia Bettencourt
- Caution: Women At Work
- Wise Women Builders Association
- House Under Construction
- Firm Foundation
- Home Improvement
- Perfect Design
- Learning from the Master Architect
- Learning from the Master Carpenter
Theme Verse Suggestions
- Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1
- For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:11
- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
- House Under Construction by Julia
- A Look In The Toolbox by Julia
- Devotionals by Julia
- Construction zone orange or yellow.
- Blueprints. If you can't get find of real ones, copy some house plans from the internet and have them blown up to display. Search "house blueprints" or "house plans" in Google images and you'll find lots of them.
- Orange Construction Cones
- Construction Signs
- Caution Tape
- Power Tools
- Paint Cans
- Saw Horses. You could put 2 together and lay a piece of plywood over them for a table display.
- Lunch Boxes The manly metal kind:)
- Hard Hats
- Drop cloths
- Children's toy dump trucks
- Take a walk through a home improvement store. You may get some ideas by just browsing:)
For The Tables
- Floral arrangements in paint cans (quart size might work best for conversation but you could use some gallon ones with arrangements in other places.)
- Candle holders: Place candle in a clear glass jar-type holder and sprinkle screws or nails at the base around the candle.
- Toy dump or construction toy trucks. Fill with flowers and tie orange, yellow, and black balloons to them.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Have a jar filled with nuts, screws, or nails. See who can guess the closet to the actual amount.
Nail Drop: Like a dropping a clothespin in a bottle but using large nails (or screws) and dropping them in a paint can instead.
- Using Legos or blocks, have relays to see who can build a "house" the fastest. Give each team the equal amount of blocks.
- If you have games with teams, give them names such as "electricians", "plumbers", "masons", "carpenters", "brick layers", "roofers", "tile layers", "decorators", "architects", etc.
- If you use teams for games, give each team a "foreman".
- Icebreakers Index
- The Wise Man Built His House...
- Tape Measure (Sometimes you can get them in feminine colors and patterns).
Construction Hats. If you order them online and you want your ladies to actually "wear" them, make sure to check if they are in adult sizes.
- Mini Screwdrivers.
- Mini Tool Kits.
- Mini Tool Keychains. At www.orientaltrading.com they have some really cute ones shaped like a house and all the mini tools fit inside. They also have tool ornaments. Search "House Screwdriver" or "Tool Ornaments" in their searchbox to find them.
- Crafts and Favors.
Just For Fun
- Designate your women's leader or the lady in charge as "The Foreman".
- Designate your helpers and leadership team as "The Construction Crew".
- Make invitations to your event out of bright orange paper to look like construction cones or any type of tool shape.
- Sample Invite:
Caution: Women At Work
Construction Time Frame: Your Event Time
Construction Site: Your Location
Call the "Foreman" to RSVP: Contact Number
Join us to Help Build The Fun!
- Let everyone know they are part of the "construction crew" and give them jobs (work orders). They could be things such as refilling coffee, opening in prayer, or they could be silly things for them to do throughout the evening. You could also give each person a "work order" before they leave to pray for a particular person from your group throughout the week.
- Have "time cards" at sign in. If you have various activities during your event, have them get them punched at the various stations or workshops.
- Have "Work" shops with topics for various things to "work" on such as anger, the tongue, parenting, etc.
Have your workers wear aprons or orange construction vests.
Have your workers, hostess', and servers wear construction hats.
- Fill up a new unused paint can with goodies or candy. You could make your own label.
- Gift Certificate to a local home improvement store
- Tea Towels
- Anything for the home.
- Tape Measure
- Pink Hammer (If you can't find one fit for a woman, put floral stickers on the handle.)
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Serve food in tissue paper lined new unused paint trays and metal lunch boxes.
- Use new unused paint cans lined with tissue paper or tea towels to hold silverware.
- Serve sack or boxed lunches.
- Have a "build your own" mini pizzas or sandwiches.
- Serve "Dirt Cake".
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.