Share This Page:
|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
Chocolate and Friends
Women's Ministry Theme
This theme revolves all around chocolate. The emphasis could be on sweet friendship, sweet fellowship, or the sweetness of the Lord. Could be used as a Valentine's theme. Would be a great theme idea to go along with a spa night for ladies or a friendship brunch or luncheon.
Alternative Theme TitlesCopyright ©2001-2016 Julia Bettencourt
- Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures
- Sharing Laughter, Tears, and Chocolate
- Sweet Fellowship Satisfies
- Sweet Friendships
- Pamper Me With Chocolate!
- O Taste And See
- Friendship Dipped In Love
- How Sweet!
- Good Friends Share Chocolate!
- Friendship and Chocolate - The Rich Things In Life
- Friendship Comes In Chunks and Morsels
- In The Cookie of Life, Friends Are The Chocolate Chips
- Love In Your Heart And Some Chocolate In Your Hand
- Friends and Chocolate Brighten Any Day
- S.O.S. - Need Chocolate and Friends!
- Kindred Spirits and Chocolates Go Hand in Hand
- Friendship Warms The Heart
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there
is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24
- "A friend loveth at all times..." Proverbs 17:17
- "Faithful are the wounds of a friend..." Proverbs 27:6
- "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the
countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17
- A Recipe For Friendship
- Recipe For Friendship Handouts (On Julia's Blog)
- Devotionals by Julia
- White with soft pinks
- brown and pink
- This theme focuses on friendship and fellowship with your sisters in the Lord, so make everything a relaxing atmosphere where everyone can feel comfortable and enjoy themselves.
- Julia's Pinterest Chocolate Theme Board
For The Tables
- Simple table arrangements such as a few flowers and candles.
Games and Ice-breakers:
- Kiss Find - Recommended for a small group. Hide Hershey's kisses around the room and see who can find the most before you start. Count them ahead of time, so you know how many your guests will be looking for. When everybody's finished, give a prize to the one who found the most. Make sure to have the ones who found more to--share!
- Count The Candies - Fill a jar with M&M's or similar candy. Count them as you fill the jar. Have everyone guess the amount when they arrive. Give the jar as a prize to the guest who answers closest to the actual amount.
- Icebreakers Index
- What A Friend We Have In Jesus
- Printable Favor Tag - Proverbs 17:17. (CLM)
- Large Hershey's Chocolate Kiss
- Mugs filled with chocolate candy
- Candy bar with specialty wrapper with event details or theme verse
- Chocolate candies tied up in tulle or cellophane with hang tag of theme verse
- Chocolate specialty lollipop
- Oversize chocolate chip cookie
- Bible References for Candy
- Crafts and Favors Page.
Just For Fun
- Have a testimony time. Have the ladies give testimonies concerning a friend who's inspired them or that showed friendship in a special way.
- Share some Chocolate or Friendship Sayings - These would be good for a saying for a favor, to add some to your handouts and literature, or just to share a few out loud during your event. You could also put them on signs to decorate with.
- Chocolate Invitations - Hand out invitations to your event with a chocolate candy bar using a specialty wrapper that gives the time, date, and details. You can easily make these on your computer.
- Cookie Invitation - Bake or purchase large size chocolate chip cookies and wrap in cellophane. Make a sticker for the top of the cookie with your event time, date, and details.
- Give awards to those who bring a friend with them to the event by way of a $100,000 Grand Candy Bar.
- Share some chocolate cooking/baking tips
- Share some chocolate facts and history (Check online for sources.)
- Share some chocolate facts and history.
- Share some Friendship Recipes
- Extra Large Candy Bar
- Large Hershey's Kiss
- Box of Chocolates
- Hot Cocoa/Mug
- Chocolate Related Cookbook
- I Love Lucy Chocolate Factory Episode DVD
- Chocolate Scented Candles
- Chocolate Scented Soaps
- Gift Certificate to a local Candy Store where chocolate is sold.
- Box of Chocolate chip cookie cereal (think there's a couple brands of this - tie up with a bow)
- Small fondue pot
- Chocolate Baking Basket - Fill with a couple kinds of chocolate chips, such as semi-sweet and milk chocolate, measuring cups, measuring spoons, etc.
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Chocolate Buffet - Use foods with light and dark chocolate for a variety.
- Be Sensitive - Make sure you have some alternatives other than chocolate for those who can't or won't indulge.
- You will have those who can't participate because of diabetes and health risks, dieting, or sensitivity to caffeine. Don't encourage people to indulge when they've refused. You may not personally understand their reluctance, but it is usually because of valid reasons.
- Use Small Portions - Serve all of your chocolate foods in small portions. That way no one overdoes and they can taste more than one thing. For example, don't use regular size chocolate cupcakes or muffins. Serve the mini size. Cut cakes, brownies, or cookie bars into small squares.
- Make sure you have plenty of beverages on hand, especially water.
- If you don't want to go all chocolate, have a regular pot luck or buffet with just one or two really scrumptious chocolate desserts.
- Fondue Pot of Chocolate - Serve with strawberries or any type of fruit, and other goodies to dip.
- If you want just a few hand snacks, set out small glass bowls with different types of chocolate candies in them such as M&M's, etc.
- Have a Hot Chocolate Bar. (great for a Winter event)
- Food Resource Page
- Entertaining Page.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.