|Take a few ideas for a small meeting or take several for a larger event.
Apples of Gold In Pictures of Silver
Women's Ministry Theme
This is an old theme but always prevalent. It revolves around Proverbs 25:11 and the words we speak which is always a timely subject.
Alternative Theme Titles
Copyright ©2001-2015 Julia Bettencourt
- Use My Voice Lord
- A Woman of Fit Words
- Taming The Tongue
- A Guarded Tongue
- Don't Be A Bad Apple
- Tip of Your Tongue
- A Word Fitly Spoken
- Tongue Talk
Theme Verse Suggestions
- "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."
- Flower Language by Julia
- Apples of Gold by Julia.
- Devotionals by Julia
Added Resource - Hand Out:
|The "Do You Have an Unruly Tongue?" Download is currently unavailable. It will be added back to the Resource Shop soon. Thanks for your patience...Julia
- Choose a basic color of your choice.
- Accent with silver and gold.
- Lots of yellow apples (real or fake).
- Lots of silver. Candlesticks, vases, decorative trays--anything silver you can find.
For The Tables
- Use yellow construction paper apple cut-outs spread out on tables.
- Use yellow apples cored out for candle holders to place votive in.
- Silver frames with theme verse in them.
- Drape pieces of silver material on table tops and place yellow/golden apples on top.
Focal Point Ideas
- Apple Trees - Make some apple trees on murals or make them using craft/butcher paper (the kind on the roll from the paper supply stores). For the apples cut out apple shapes out of yellow or gold paper.
- Table Top Display - Make a table scape using different heights covered with silver material. Place a bushel basket overturned with golden apples flowing out. Place in a bible and a few simple flowers such as daisies. Add in your theme verse in a large silver frame.
- Take my Life Frances R. Havergal
(3rd Verse is about "voice")
- Apple Butter - Make up a batch of apple butter and place in small gift jars. (You can find easy apple butter recipes online. Do a simple search). Cover jars with a fabric circle and tie up with a ribbon with your hang tag of banquet/retreat info and theme verse attached.
- Apple Novelties - Find apple items such as key chains, pins, or magnets that would make great favors.
- Real Yellow Apples - Wash and shine! Try to get ones with the stems on them so you can tie your theme verse hang tag on with thin ribbon.
- Caramel Apples
- Crafts and Favors Page.
Just For Fun
- Share some Motivation and Encouragement Ideas.
- Have everyone tell what their favorite apple food or dish is.
- Share some recipes made with apples.
- Share some apple trivia. (Check online for sources.)
- Do an apple related craft for a Craft Workshop.
- Make door prize tickets out of apple shaped paper. Write a number on one side of them and give them to your ladies as they arrive. You can make them out of yellow construction paper or you may find an apple shaped notebook to use (check school supply stores).
- Apple shapes and patterns (ABC Teach).
- Lunch Bags for gift bags
- Dictionary --it's full of words you know:)
- Apple scented items such as candle, soaps, hand creams, etc.
- Basket of Apples
- Apple Novelty Clock
- Apple Art (such as a photo or poster)
- Apple Craft or Home Decor Item
- Apple Dish towels
- Apple Stationary
- Apple Pot holders/Oven Mitts
- Apple Rug
- Pillow with Apples
- Apple Corer
- Bottle of Apple Juice - Tie a big bow around it:)
- Apple Shaped Notepad
- Pie plate with an apple pie recipe written out on a nice recipe card and taped to the inside.
- Ladies Devotional Book
- Doorprize Page.
- Skits Page.
- Apple desserts and dishes.
- Apple juice or cider.
- Apple slices with fruit dip.
- Need more ideas for this theme or want to share your own?
Go to our CLM Facebook Page for interaction. Be sure to "like" the page!
- See More Women's Ministry Themes (More than 100 free theme ideas!)
You are not permitted to reprint this material online or publish it in any way online or off. Only Publishing Exceptions: Individual churches may print the material in off-line newsletters and church bulletins. By using this website, you are binding yourself to these terms.
Best Way to Save These Ideas: Copy and paste into Word (or your document program) retaining copyright info. Adjust your fonts and print. Most of the pages on the website are too long to print out correctly by printing directly from online.