Games and Icebreakers
Various for Women's Ministry
This is a listing of various games and icebreakers suitable for Women's Ministry Events. Some were submitted by visitors to CLM.
Break up into teams (small groups of 2-5, depending on your size of function). This will work best for smaller size functions. Give each team an Etch-A-Sketch“ or Magnadoodles“. Let each team draw a design (of your choosing, something to go along with your theme.
For the Classic Theme
, let them draw a car, for a Fruit of the Spirit Theme
, a piece of fruit, etc. Set a time limit of so many seconds and see who has the best (closest to what they were aiming for). Repeat the process several times and see who has the best out of so many tries. You could use the same object each time or have something different for them to draw for each round. Encourage everyone in each team to participate in drawing the objects.
Set up a child size swimming pool. Fill with sand and bury "treasures" wrapped up in wrapping paper in the sand. Be sure to spread them out and bury deep! Choose any type of small gifts related to your theme. Have several child sand shovels on hand. If you have a small group, perhaps you might want everyone to find a treasure. Or it could be used in conjunction with door prizes--as the door prize number is called, that person gets to come up and dig for a treasure.
You could also use it as an icebreaker, conversation piece right inside your entry. Let each guest dig for a treasure as they come in the door. You could even bury your door prize tickets in the sand and let them dig for one as they arrive. This would work well with the "Ultimate Survival" Island Theme or any theme related to the "treasures" of God's Word. You could even bury verses of scriptures on cards and let your ladies dig for a verse that they will need to read during your function in relation to your devotional. Also could be used with any "summer" or "beach" type theme.
Beach - Summer Women's Ministry Theme
Guess the Laundry Product Slogan
This is just a quick little icebreaker. Call out the slogans/taglines and see who can be the first to guess the product that goes with the slogan. Another idea would be to make a handout and have your guests match the slogan with the product and see who gets the most correct.
Starch Women's MinistryTheme
- Cheer- "Dirt Goes...Color Stays"
- Static Guard - " Instantly Eliminates Static Cling"
- Bounce Dryer Sheets- " The Start of Something Fresh"
- Snuggle Fabric Softener- "Cuddle-up Fresh"
- Tide - "Tide gets the stains that others leave behind."
Wisk - "Get's out Ring around the collar"
- Fab Detergent -"Oh Fab, I'm glad they put real borax in you."
- Downy Fabric Softener - "For clothes you love to live in"
- Gain - "The smell says clean"
Using relay type games usually depends on what type of group you have, whether they are energetic enough to want to participate, but some functions call for a little more action. Just remember they are not for everybody. Sometimes just choosing a couple very outgoing people to participate will liven up your event. Here are several ideas. You can use one or two together or combine several ideas for longer relay type games. ~~
- Spoon in the mouth and carry a boiled egg.
- Carry an orange, lemon, or some type of object under the chin.
- Hula Hoop so many times in a row.
- Jump rope so many times in a row.
- Carry a balloon between legs.
- Carry a book on top of the head.
- Pretend to be an animal (waddle like a duck, hop like a frog, etc.)
- Bounce a ball so many times.
- Make so many baskets in a hoop or bucket.
- Weave in and out of objects.
- Dropping clothespins into a bottle.
- Tossing rings onto pegs.
- Sitting on a balloon and popping.
- Blowing up a balloon.
- Make a certain animal call or sound so many times in a row.
- Sing a silly song.
- Say a nursery rhyme.
Have You Ever Done This?...
Provide sheets of paper numbered from 1-18.
Ask the questions and give a prize to the lady with the "lowest" score.
Have you ever...
- Locked yourself out of the house?
- Lost a member of the family while out shopping?
- Put something unusual in the refrigerator?
- Turned white colors pink (or another color) in the wash?
- Gone away from your home and left the iron on?
- Put your heel through the hem of a dress?
- Had your zipper break in public?
- Gone somewhere with two different shoes or socks on?
- Remembered an appointment after it was too late?
- Called a member of the family by another name?
- Been ready to bathe and found no hot water?
- Fallen up the stairs?
- Gone shopping for groceries and discovered you did not bring any money with you?
- Driven away from somewhere while a member of your party was still out of the car?
- Dialed a phone number and forgot who you called?
- Locked the keys in your car?
- Got into the car to go somewhere and forgot where you were going?
- Put something in the oven to bake and forgot about it?
Give Yourself A Point (Version 1)
Narrate the following story while the ladies keep track of their points. Provide small scraps of paper and pen so everyone can keep track of their points throughout the story.
I wonder who came here from afar,
give yourself 5 if you came by car.
Were you on time? Not one minute late?
Punctuality pays to give yourself 8.
A watch is 6 and each ring is 2,
10 more points if your eyes are blue.
Score yourself 5 if you show any pink.
But take away 10 if you left dishes in the sink.
Count all of your buttons... each gives you 1.
Except if they are white and then you'll get none.
For each bow that you have add on 2.
But safety pins are taboo, so for each one
you're wearing you must subtract 2.
If you've kissed your boyfriend or husband today,
add 10, but if you've kissed both your in trouble
and trouble plenty -- subtract 20.
1 point for each year that you have been wed,
but take away 5 if you have on red.
Pets are sweet, we all agree, so for each add 3.
But when adding it up, kids count for more,
so for each child give yourself 4.
This game is done so total your score -- unless
you have brought a friend, than give yourself 20 more!
Give Yourself A Point (Version 2)
Just read the following story and the ladies add or subtract for their answers. Provide small pieces of paper and pens to help them keep track during the story. Give a prize to the one with the highest score.
This is a rather peculiar game. It really does not have a name.
It's simple to play as a game should be. You just do as you're told, you see
so now if you'll please give me your attention. We'll put an end to this suspension.
In the end, whoever scores the most will receive a prize of which to boast.
Now since you're all fashionable girls, give yourself 5 if you have any pearls.
You may add 3 if your toes peek out, And earrings will give you 2 more to shout.
Score yourself 5 if you show any red. Add 6 more for a curl on your head.
Now before you think you are going to win take away 2 for each safety pin.
Give yourself 6 if your pants are tight. Add 1 for a scarf which is just about right.
Add 5 more if your shoes are black, and take away 3 for a zipper in back.
Now count all your buttons, for each you get 2, and take away 1 for each button that's blue.
Give yourself 5 if your heels are high, and why not take 10 for the green in your eye.
10 more points for a rose on your clothes.
Take away 5 if you forgot to wear hose.
if your husband you kissed today - add 9. If he didn't, subtract 12 - you're subject to a fine.
This is the end for there isn't anymore. Let's see who is the lucky lady with the highest score.
Main Icebreakers Page
Womens' Ministry Helps