Charity Project: For Women's SheltersJulia Bettencourt
To conduct this project, have the ladies from your church group bring in used purses to donate to charity. Make sure you collect only those in good used condition. Fill the purses with some necessities and distribute to your local Women's Shelter.
You could use purchased tote bags or gift/shopping bags instead of purses.
Call your local women's shelter ahead of time to let them know about your project before you make up and deliver the purses. Make sure you talk to a supervisor or someone in charge. Some shelters have particular items that they accept or do not accept. They may have some good suggestions for items for you to include that is needed at your particular shelter.
Here are some basic suggestions. To make this list I visited several of the Women's Shelters that had websites and I combined the most asked for items across the board. Your shelter may be in need of other things than on this list.
- Women's Socks
- Combs, Brushes
- Feminine pads/tampons
- Disposable Razors
- Hand Lotion
- Coupons for Mcd's or fast food restaurants
- Disposable Ponchos
- Hand Wipes (Individual Packets)
- Pony Tail Holders
- Pocket Calendars
- Chap Stick
- Women's Packaged Underwear
- Dental Floss
- Toiletry Holders (toothbrush and soap holders)
- Ethnic Hair Care Items
- Hard Candies
- Small Purse Size Umbrellas
Copyright 2001-2013 Julia Bettencourt
Women's Ministry Purse/Bag Theme
What's In Your Purse Devotional
Womens' Ministry Helps
- Feel free to copy this ministry helps page for personal use and for use within your local women's group or small groups. Please leave copyright information and web url in tact when reprinting.
- No permission is given for reprinting on websites, blogs, emails, online newsletters, or any other internet (online) use. For reprint for publications or any other reprinting not specified, please contact Julia for permission. Thank you!
Read the Complete User Policy here.