|Church Ladies Group Activities and Special Meetings
All Christian ladies need a fun night out or a day away with some other Christian
ladies just to have a good relaxing time of fellowship. Here are some
suggestions to use with your local church ladies group.
--I recently updated this list.
I did note the things that I just added or where the pages on the website have been updated, but I did not note all the other changing around I did. I condensed some of them together, like all of the food activities and I gathered activities that I had mentioned all over the website and placed them all here in one place.Note: I did not include "Bible Study" in this list. It's a given for our Women's Ministry activities.
Copyright ©2001-2014 Julia Bettencourt
- Awareness Meeting
- Highlight support for fighting one of the cancers (or several).
- Walk together for various cures such as Relay for Life.
- See if there are any good causes in your community that your ladies group can participate in.
- October is a good month to plan something like this because it is
designated as Breast Cancer Awareness month.
- Pink Rain Women's Ministry Theme
- My Breast Cancer Awareness Pinterest Board
- Book Club
- Read through a good book together.
- Meet for discussion.
- Camping Party
- Camp outdoors or in.
- Roast S'mores and have camping food.
- Share testimonies around a fire (or fire pit on someone's deck)
- More of Jesus Devotional
- Give Me S'more! (of Jesus) Women's Ministry Theme
- Church Clean Up Day
- Do some deep cleaning at your church.
- Crafting Night
- Event Booth
- Is your community doing something special such as Fourth of July Celebrations or Holiday Celebrations with booths available?
- Is there a place to have a Bake Sale Booth? A good way to get donations for your ladies group.
- Do a booth as a group.
- Have church cookbooks? A booth at a community event is a great way to get donations for them.
- Give away your woman's ministry pamphlets.
- Perhaps give away something small such as a mini flag for July 4th, or any type of novelty such as a magnet with your ladies group info.
- Christmas Craft and Festival Booths - Got some crafty ladies that want to join together as a group and rent a booth?
- Exchange Meetings (or Swap Parties)
- Plan a meeting around exchanges such as a used book, cookies, mugs, etc.
- See the Exchange Ideas for more information.
- Exercise Emphasis Meeting
- Use a fitness video together to workout.
- Walk a local walking track or route together as a group (a great
way to enjoy chatting together).
- Meet up afterwards for devotional and light refreshments or have cold waters and protein bars waiting.
- Fashion Activity
- Birthday Bash
- Celebrate all of your ladies birthdays at once.
- Serve birthday cake
- Make everyone fee special
- A good time to share testimonies about "second birthdays" and our personal salvation experiences.
- Worth Celebrating Devotional
- Birthdays Worth Celebrating Women's Ministry Theme
- Food Fellowships and Food Bars
There are lots of great ideas for your ladies groups to gather around food. It can be as light as some snacks or a full course meal.
- Fruit Picking
- If you have places to pick fruit in your area such as strawberries, peaches, etc., go as a group and make it a fun day.
- Meet up for fruit smoothies afterward.
- Provisions Fruit of the Spirit Devotional
- Fruit of the Spirit Women's Ministry Theme
- Garden Party
- Game Night
- Healthy Women Emphasis Meeting
- Have a nurse/doctor come in for a speech on women's health.
- Serve healthy food.
- Do an exercise video workout together.
- Heart Smart Devotional
- Heart Smart Theme
- Hold Classes
There's a whole list of things that would make great classes.
- Cake Decorating
- Budget - Financial Planning
- Coupon Craze
- Craft Class - Jewelry Making, Scrapbooking, etc.
- Floral Arranging
- See the Workshop List for more Class ideas.
- Ladies Retreat/Conference or Banquet
- There are plenty of Theme Ideas on the website.
- Can be a large event or small scaled.
- You may even decide you want to go as a group to one at a church of like faith within driving distance.
- Ladies Tea
I guess I could have listed this under "Food Fellowships" but decided it needed a place of its own.
- Missionary Emphasis Meeting
- Make up missionary packages. Be sure to check ahead of time to see if there are any special mailing restrictions before mailing overseas.
- Write Missionary Letters
- Do an outreach in your area such as going to the nursing home.
- Have a missionary speaker share with your ladies group.
- Movie Night
- Show a great movie.
- Could be a drama or comedy or just one with some inspiration.
- Don't forget the popcorn (the movie theater buttery type and some
lite for those who won’t indulge).
- Have snacks you might get at a movie theater such as goobers,
peanuts, soft pretzels.
- Outdoor - Sporting Activity
I'm not going to make a list here, but I know some of you like the active stuff like zip lines, hiking, biking, and other activities.
- Photo Night
- Get your ladies together for some photos.
- Make photo props. There are lots of ideas for photo props over on Pinterest.
- Use a professional or amateur photographer. Have someone within your group that is great at taking photos? Let them use their skill.
- Have a website, newsletter, or brochure. Use some of the photos for that. Get permission from the ladies in the photos first.
- Pinterest Party
- I've had questions about this for quite some time. The "Superwoman" Devotional I posted a while back was written with a Pinterest Party in mind.
- I'll have some more details for this soon. I have someone that is going to help me with some ideas. If you've had one and want to share what you did, just email me. email@example.com Put "Pinterest Party" in the subject so I'll spot it. I receive lots of email.
- Hey Superwoman! Devotional
- Planting Party
- Choose a community or park to beautify.
- Beautify your church grounds with flowers and landscaping.
- Plant flowers at the homes of the elderly and shut-ins.
- Prayer Emphasis
- Refresh - Renew Activity
- Do some projects around the church.
- Paint chairs. Paint Sunday School rooms, Recover, renew, refresh.
- A time to do all those jobs that always get put off.
- Finding Something Beautiful Devotional
- Thrift Women's Ministry Theme
- Road Trip
- Load up the cars and vans and take a road trip together.
- Visit a like faith church in a nearby town for a special meeting, conference, or concert.
- Go to a Christian Camp or retreat together.
- Road Ready Devotional
- Road Trip Women's Ministry Theme
- Scavenger Hunt
- Do a Service Project Scavenger Hunt. Have your ladies "hunt" for people with special needs they could fill. Wash windows, do deep cleaning, or any odd jobs that some of your elderly and shut-ins might have. Be sure to contact those on the receiving end ahead of time and get the best time to do the work. Discuss your "hunt" projects the next time your ladies group meets up.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt. Everyone has cameras on their cell phones these days.
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt
- Seasonal Activities and Outings
- Self-Defense Emphasis
- Enlist someone who teaches self-defense to speak to your ladies
- Check with your local police department. They may have a female
officer who could come and give tips on self-protection for women.
- Shopping Trip
- Large mall
- Outlet malls,
- Antique stores
- Flea markets
- Farmers Markets or stop at roadside fruit stands if you have some within driving distance
- Showers and Such
- Baby Shower for someone within your group
- Shower for the Church Nursery
- Bridal Shower for someone within your church
- Food Pounding for a newly married couple or a family in need
- Slumber/Pajama Party
- Hold at the church or someone's home.
- Have a make-up demo. If you have someone that sells Mary Kay
Avon, enlist her help.
- Do each other's manicures/pedicures.
- Tell funny or even spooky stories.
- Share testimonies.
- Share childhood slumber party memories.
- Watch a movie.
- Make popcorn.
- Spa Night
Do makeovers, manicures, and pedicures.
- Make up homemade bath and body lotions and scrubs.
- Spa Women's Ministry Theme
- My Spa Pinterest Board
- Visit a Local Historical Home or Museum
- Writing Event
- Have a Journaling Night.
- Journaling Ideas
- Write letters and cards to Missionaries.
- Write out cards to shut ins or nursing home residents.
Ladies Group Projects
Women's Ministry Helps