|Motivation and Encouragement
Women need motivation and encouragement from their sisters in the Lord. Nothing is more special than just a little touch that came unexpected. We never know what people are going through and how just a tiny bit of encouragement can be like a shower of blessing falling right on top of them."...a word spoken in due season, how good is it!" Proverbs 15:23
Here are some things you might want to try.
Copyright ©2001-2013 Julia Bettencourt
- Tell someone they are a blessing to you. Be specific.
- Tell someone you are praying for them (and make sure to do so).
- Send flowers to perk up someones day.
- Write out a card to say hello. (be sure to mail it or hand deliver it)
- Give a compliment to a different person every day for a week.
- Share a special verse either by word of mouth or write it in a card or note.
- Send someone a candy note. (See the Candy Notes Ideas)
- Praise someone out-loud for something they've accomplished.
- Go out of your way to talk to someone and just "listen" to what's going on in their lives. Make the conversation about them and not you.
- Share your enthusiasm about something God's done for you. (Be specific)
- Share how the women's ministry in your church is a blessing to you.
- Invite someone out or over to lunch or dinner.
- Have a coffee or a soft drink with someone you don't normally fellowship with.
- Take someone out for ice-cream just because.
- Bake someone cookies, a pie, or cake and drop it off to them.
- Offer to babysit for a mother who needs a break.
- Pass on a book that you've already read that's been a blessing or that you just thoroughly enjoyed.
- Pray for someone every day at least 3 times a day for a week. It will probably do you just as much good as the one you are praying for.
- Invite someone over for tea.
- Invite a couple ladies over to watch a movie together.
- Offer to take dinner to a family that you know is in need or could use the help.
- Give a sister in the Lord a hug.
Candy Crafts and Sayings (contains some encouragement ones)
Womens' Ministry Helps
- Feel free to copy this article for personal use and for use within your local women's group or small groups. Please leave copyright information and web url in tact when reprinting.
- No permission is given for reprinting on websites, blogs, emails, online newsletters, or any other internet (online) use. For reprint for publications or any other reprinting not specified, please contact Julia for permission. Thank you!
Read the Complete User Policy here.