Church Brunch Planning IdeasJulia Bettencourt
Want something fun to do for your ladies group? How about holding a brunch? It can be simple and make a nice ladies event for any time of year. Most brunch foods can be made up ahead of time which makes a nice plus for for planning.
Brunches are typically a mix between breakfast and lunch so almost anything can be served that isn't heavy. Lots of fresh fruits and breads and muffins make for nice "brunch" food.
Above all, brunches shouldn't be something rushed through to get it over with. Make it a time to relax and enjoy fellowship with other Christian ladies. Savor your food, fun, and fellowship!
Copyright ©2001-2013 Julia Bettencourt
- For Decorations - Keep it simple. You can still make it elequent or homey but brunches usually should put you in a relaxed mood so go the less is more route when decorating. A few simple flowers on the tables along with baskets of rolls or bisucts and jelly and jam containers shoud suffice.
- For Displays - Make one large food table display. Make levels on your food tables using sturdy objects draped with fabric or tablecloths. Find all types of containers for serving. Use baskets of all shapes and sizes for foods such as muffins and rolls. Use varying sizes of terra-cotta pots lined with fabric or homey dishcloths to put out silverware, napkins, or even use to serve rolls, breads, or muffins.
- For Favors - Find miniature jars to fill with jellies, jams, or applesauce.
- For Doorprizes - Use canning jars filled with "jar recipes", jam and jelly serving containers and utensils, or an apron.
- Breakfast Recipes (Taste of Home)
Breakfast/Brunch Recipes (Breakfast-and-Brunch-Recipes)
Womens' Ministry Helps