The following are starters for you to use in forming devotionals and studies. Never wrote a devotional of your own? See the Devotional Writing Page for help.
Devotional Writing Starter
Posted May 21, 2015
Staying on Target
Staying on topic in various areas of Christian living, such as prayer, our witness, our speech, our attitudes, etc.
O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" Psalm 119:5
" In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6
"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps." Proverbs 16:9
"A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way." Proverbs 21:29
- "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." 2 Thessalonians 3:5
Lesson on the Tongue
- Sharp Arrows
"A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow." Proverbs 25:18
- "Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait." Jeremiah 9:8
- To make "bright arrows" is another way of saying to prepare the arrows as for war.
"Make bright the arrows..." Jeremiah 51:11
- What things do we need to prepare in our Christian lives?
- What things need sharpened or fine tuned? Prayer life? Witnessing? Love for others?
- What do we have in our sites? What are we aiming for? Are we working on our best for Christ?
"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Colossians 3:23
- Our aim should be to live for Christ----"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:13
Arrow Word Study
- There are numerous verses relating to the "arrow" and "bow" throughout the Bible.
- Use a concordence and dig in the Word to find them. See how they are used and what they mean.
Copyright ©2015 Julia Bettencourt
Scripture References are from the King James Version.
Devotional Starter Terms: Feel free to add, change, and enhance. Please do not reprint the devotional starters online as is. These are writing prompts and you must rework them and make them your own if you'd like to print them online.