The following are starters for you to use in forming devotionals and studies. Never wrote a devotional of your own? See the Devotional Writing Page for help.
Devotional Writing Starters
Posted February 13, 2013 (originally posted to my blog)
These are just some thoughts I had for the Fill my Cup Women's Ministry Theme. I never did anything with them, so I thought some of you may want to play around with the idea.
What’s your “handle”?
- Each person handles things differently.
- What pours into our lives is very different.
- Look at the woman at the well (John 4).
- Jesus knew all she went through.
- He knew about all of her many husbands.
- Are there things that have spilled over into our lives that we are holding on to?
- God wants to take care of those things and hold on to our worries and burdens for us.
Get a “grip”
- Are we allowing the Lord to hold our cup?
- Do we submit to the grip?
- Do we allow the Lord to have complete control and allow His working in our lives?
- Do we say “whoa” when our cup is filled to the right level?
- We all have intake in our lives.
- What’s pouring in?
- What do we need to say no to?
- We have got to leave room for the good stuff.
- Leave room for the things that the Bible says are important.
Copyright ©2013 Julia Bettencourt
Devotional Starter Terms: Feel free to add, change, and enhance. Please do not reprint the devotional starters online as is. These are writing prompts and you must rework them and make them your own if you'd like to print them online.
Find more Devotional Writing Starters.
You may also enjoy: