The following are starters for you to use in forming devotionals and studies. Never wrote a devotional of your own? See the Devotional Writing Page for help.
Devotional Writing Starter
Posted March 27, 2007
Put on Therefore...
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
- Bowels of Mercies -vs. 12
- Kindness -vs. 12
- Humbleness of Mind -vs. 12
- Meekness -vs. 12
- Longsuffering -vs. 12
- Forbearing One Another -vs. 13
- Forgiving One Another -vs. 13
- Charity (Love) -vs. 14
- Righteousness - Job 29:14 "It clothed me"
- Armor of God - Ephesians 6:11-18 "Put on the whole armour of God…"
- Armor of Light - Romans 13:12 "let us put on the armour of light"
- New Man - Colossians 3:10 "And have put on the new man…"
- Christ - Galatians 3:27 "…have put on Christ"
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Neither give place to the devil.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
- Former Conversation - vs. 22
- Lying - vs. 25
- Anger - vs. 26
- Giving Place to the Devil - vs. 27
- Stealing - vs. 28
- Corrupt Communication - vs. 29
- Grieving of the Holy Spirit - vs. 30
- Bitterness - vs. 31 Wrath - vs. 31
- Clamour - vs. 31
- Evil Speaking - vs. 31
- Malice - 31
Copyright ©2007 Julia Bettencourt
Scripture References are from the King James Version.
Devotional Starter Terms: Feel free to add, change, and enhance. Please do not reprint the devotional starters online as is. These are writing prompts and you must rework them and make them your own if you'd like to print them online.
Read the What Not to Wear Devotional.
Find more Devotional Writing Starters here.
You may also enjoy: