The following are starters for you to use in forming devotionals and studies. Never wrote a devotional of your own? See the Devotional Writing Page for help.
Devotional Writing Starter
Posted August 12, 2008
Embellishing the Body of Christ
- Buttons come is all different sizes.
- We each have a role in the body of Christ.
- Focus on our spiritual gifts, talents, and abilities.
- Everyone is different but plays a part in the body of Christ.
- How well do we embellish?
- How are we a blessing?
- Christ holds us together with His "thread".
- No matter what happens, we won't fall.
- He keeps us.
- Nothing can jiggle us loose.
- The thread will never break or wear out
Hot Buttons---are the things that you are most sensitive about.
- What are your hot buttons?
- What or who is pressing your buttons?
- What causes you to---worry, get hurt, get annoyed, get angry, get depressed, etc.
- How do you respond when someone presses your hot buttons?
- What's your behavior to others after one of your hot buttons have been pressed?
- We need to focus on our need for Christ to help us with our behavior.
Uses for buttons.
- Fasteners and Decorations.
- Am I a fastener (diligent, worker, useful to the body of Christ)
- Am I a decorative button? Are you just hanging there? Perhaps attached to your "church pew" and not really doing anything for Christ?
Whose Got the Button?
As Christians we have several things (or "buttons") in our lives that hold us together such as faith, prayer, love, devotion to Christ, joy, etc.
- Are there things missing in your Christian Life?
- Are you missing some buttons?
We aren't complete in Christ unless we have certain things in place.
Copyright ©2008Julia Bettencourt
Devotional Starter Terms: Feel free to add, change, and enhance. Please do not reprint the devotional starters online as is. These are writing prompts and you must rework them and make them your own if you'd like to print them online.
Find more Devotional Writing Starters.
You may also enjoy: