The following are starters for you to use in forming devotionals and studies. Never wrote a devotional of your own? See the Devotional Writing Page for help.
Devotional Writing Starter
Posted January 26, 2009
Thanks to Mavis for submitting this devotional acrostic for us:
"What's in Your Apron Pockets?"
"A" is for ATTITUDE ---1 Peter 3:8
"P" is for PATIENCE ---Romans 8:24-25
"R" is for RESPONSIBILITY ---Galatians 6:4-5
"O" is for OPPORTUNITIES ---Ephesians 3:7
"N" is for NEEDS ---Proverbs 30:8
The Use of Aprons
- Wiping things (Having a clean life)
- Pockets for holding things (what things to you hold on to---or hold dear?)
- Protection (What do we have in place to protect us as a Christian or analogy of God's protection)
- Prepares us for work (are we prepared to share God's Word and God's love?)
What's Tied To Your Strings?
- What's holding you back from doing what God wants you to do and from living the Christian life?
- Are there worries, doubts, etc. that keep you from moving about and getting your work done?
Mother's Apron Strings
Instilling things to "hold on to" for your children
- Teaching them godly character traits.
- Teaching them memory verses.
- Teaching them godly principles.
- Teaching them Bible Stories to remember.
Copyright ©2009 Julia Bettencourt
Devotional Starter Terms: Feel free to add, change, and enhance. Please do not reprint the devotional starters online as is. These are writing prompts and you must rework them and make them your own if you'd like to print them online.
Find more Devotional Writing Starters.
You may also enjoy: