The following are starters for you to use in forming devotionals and studies. Never wrote a devotional of your own? See the Devotional Writing Page for help.
Anchored in Christ
Devotional Writing Starter
Posted September 16, 2016
The Anchored in Christ Event Theme was brainstormed on our CLM Facebook Page back on February 25, 2015. Some of the ideas were for devotionals. I've placed those on this page.
Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies who contributed your ideas!
Here's my contribution:
Anchored in Christ
- 1. Drop Your Anchor Deep - Stay grounded in the Word.
- 2. Keep From Drifting Away - Stay close to the Lord.
- 3. Allow the Anchor to Work - Rely on God's strength to take you through High Tides and Low Tides.
- 4. Refuse to Sink - Keep pressing on. Trust in the Anchor.
From Enlighten Foundation (a CLM FB Follower):
Questions to ask
- What are you anchoring your ship to?
- Is your anchor heavy enough to weather the storms?
From Pam Barnes (a CLM FB Follower)
Where are you ANCHORED?
"Anchors are meant to hold fast a ship to keep it from drifting but in storms (just like the storms of life) the ship may drift some!
That, however, does not mean it cannot get back on course."
From Charmion David Reed
Held in Place
"One thing about an anchor that I've studied—It was meant to hold in place. The stronger the storm or winds, the deeper the anchor gets.
If we're anchored in Jesus, no matter the storm, He is steadfast and sure."
From Nichole Kluth (a CLM FB Follower)
"Holdfast to what is GOOD"
"While teaching through 1 Corinthians last year, our women's ministry learned what a "holdfast structure" looks like...it's the anchor of a water plant (like kelp) and it helped us understand the way an anchor and roots are similar..."
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. I Thessalonians 5:21
After reading Nichole's comments (above) again, I started thinking about all of the other "hold fast"s in the Bible that we can learn from.
Here are some of them:
- My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live. Job 27:6
- Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21
- Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 1:13
- Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrews 10:23
Devotional Starter Terms: Feel free to add, change, and enhance. Please do not reprint the devotional starters online as is. These are writing prompts and you must rework them and make them your own if you'd like to print them online.