Selecting the Locatin
of a Women's Ministry Event
Element 4 of the 5 Basic Elements of a Women's Ministry Event
Orignially Posted November 2, 2001
Reposted April 18, 2016
The 5 basic elements were originally part of my Successful Event Planning Information. I have revised some of the information slightly.
The fourth element in planning a women's ministry event is choosing a location for your function. Here are some ideas of where to look for a location.
Selecting the Location of the Event
At Home (Your Church)
- Fellowship Halls
- Large Sunday School Classrooms
- Conference Rooms
You may want to hold some sessions of your event in your church sanctuary and others in Sunday School classrooms or other parts of your church.
Away from Your Church
- Individual Homes
- Community Centers
- Hotel Conference Rooms
- Camps/Retreat Facilities
- Restaurant Banquet Rooms
- Coffee Shops
Sometimes libraries have meeting rooms that you can use for little or no fee.
- Chamber of Commerce
Sometimes they make rooms available for small fees.
Things to Consider
- Consider the need for a kitchen if contemplating serving food for your event.
- Consider the number of restrooms of a facility. Ladies events need plenty of restroom access!
- Consider the amount of seating, tables, chairs, etc.
- Consider whether there is a platform or stage if you will be needing that.
- Consider whether there is a sound system.
- Consider the lighting.
- Consider the heating and cooling system that is in place.
- Consider how comfortable a location it is. Are the chairs comfortable for sitting long periods of time if it is going to be a lengthy event?
- Consider the atmosphere. Is it too formal? Is it too laid back?
- Consider the amount of space for movement.
- Consider the financial cost. Above actual facility rental fees, be sure to add in any rentals such as for tables, tablecloths, etc.
- Consider the traveling distance.
I am a big advocate of using our local churches to hold women's events the majority of the time. I think it helps us to bring in others and show them what is happening in our local church. It can be a great outreach and invitation for visiting ladies to come back to the church services after attending a ladies event.
With that being said, I do think from time to time getting away from the church facilities is a good thing. I think it is something that we pray about and use wisdom in deciding for each event.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Julia Bettencourt