Setting Personal Goals For Yourself
As a Women's Ministry Leader
While deciding upon some particular goals that you would like to see in the
womenís ministry with which you work is great, but as a leader you need to set
some specific goals for yourself as well. You have to be the best person you can
be yourself before you can be the best leader for others. Your leadership is a
combination of all you do in your life, not just when you are residing over
meetings and committees.
Take a deep look at your life. What needs improving? What areas do you want
to work and concentrate on? Donít try to over set goals for yourself. Just choose
a few things to improve upon or implement at a time. Constantly working on
yourself will reflect in the type of leader you are.
Here's a list to get you thinking but you need to evaluate your life and see what
you need to set goals for. There are probably little sub areas in many of the ones
listed that could be concentrated on as well.
Specific Personal Goal Suggestions:
Copyright ©2006-2013 Julia Bettencourt
- I want to pray daily for our ladies. Be practical. If you have a small
group of ladies, you could pray for each lady each day during your
personal prayer time. If you have a large group, you may need to
rotate their names each day.
- I want to be a friendlier person.
- I want to be more organized.
- I want to become less nervous and anxious when standing and
speaking before our ladies.
- I want to be on time to each activity and event for my women's
- I want to have and portray confidence.
- I want to spend ______minutes in prayer daily.
- I want to spend ______minutes in Bible study daily.
- I want to set my work with my women's ministry as a priority in my
- I want to become a mentor to other ladies within our church.
- I want to work on the area of procrastination when it comes to my
work with women's ministry.
- I want to plan out the year of activities for my work with women's
- Iíd like to remember each birthday of the ladies in my group with a
card or some acknowledgement.
- I want to work on being better at pre-planning for activities for the
ladies in my group.
- I want to be more in tune and communicate better with our pastor and
church leadership about what is going on with the women's ministry
- I want to have a genuine love for each lady in our women's ministry.
- I want to be an encourager to the women Iím working with in my
- I want to depend on God more and not myself to accomplish my work
with women's ministry.
- I want to have a positive impact on the ladies I touch through my
work with women's ministry.
- I want to work on being a better mother and wife to my children and
- I want to work on eating healthy. Perhaps lose weight if needed,
change my diet, etc.
- I want to start an exercise program or increase my exercise.
- I want to work on getting enough sleep. Perhaps go to bed a little
earlier. If you are tired all the time you are not 100 percent.
- I want to work on my relationship with my husband.
- I want to work on my relationship with my children.
- I want to work on taming my tongue.
Setting Goals for Women's Groups
Womens' Ministry Articles
- Feel free to copy this devotional for personal use and for use within your local women's group or small groups. Please leave copyright information and web url in tact when reprinting.
- No permission is given for reprinting on websites, blogs, emails, online newsletters, or any other internet (online) use. For reprint for publications or any other reprinting not specified, please contact Julia for permission. Thank you!
Read the Complete User Policy here.