Considering a Caterer
Questions to Ask
Orignially Posted November 2, 2001
Reposted April 20, 2016
This material was originally part of my Successful Event Planning Information. My husband originally helped me with this page 15 years ago! He's the go to food guy.
Once in a while you may wish to cater a meal for your women's ministry such as for a retreat or banquet. There are several questions you need to consider before making definite arrangements. Finding the answer to these will help you avoid a lot of time and heartache.
Questions to Ask:
- What is the name of the contact person?
- What is the contact phone and email?
- What type of a meal can they provide?
- Do they provide beverages and what kind?
- What all is included and what are the portion sizes?
- What is the cost per person, gratuity, and any extra fees?
- What is the cost?
- Do they deliver?
- Will they set the food up?
- Will they serve?
- What do their servers wear for events?
- Are they available on the dates needed?
- When can they deliver (day and time)?
- How much of a deposit do they require?
- Do they want payment at service or will they bill?
- What type of payment do they require? (Credit card or check?)
- Do they have a cancellation policy?
- What is the deadline for the final count to be served?
- How many years have they been in business?
- Do they have a good reputation?
Copyright ©2001-2016 Julia Bettencourt